well, i think this is my blog thing.

martes, abril 26

my laptop apathy

remember way back around christmas when my computer died? i guess that was about 4 months ago. my dear sister spent hours on the phone with dell and got me a new harddrive and installed it and everything. that made me very happy, but several things still werent working- such as sound, video, and so forth. my dad fixed the sound with all those mysterious things called drivers. but for the longest time we couldnt figure out the video. we tried all kinds of drivers and programs but apparently they were the wrong ones. i was getting some weird errors that didnt quite tell me the problem, just side effects of it- like not playing dvds because my output function was enabled (what the heck?).

so anyway, one of the main uses of my laptop in the past has been watching dvds. after this looong period of not having that (and the fact that no one was ever online when i was awake) i just stopped using it, except for checking my email when mom's computer wasnt on. but dad and i fixed it yesterday! it was as simple as downloading the correct driver (i had tried 2 or 3 already).

hooray! i can watch sports night in my room again!