well, i think this is my blog thing.

martes, abril 19

philadelphia

i finally went to visit my good friend emily, who's doing a grad program in philly. its sad that its taken me all the school year to go see her. she lives in indiana normally, so its about 6 hours shorter to drive to philly. whats wrong with me? i had a great time. i hadnt realised how much i miss being around friends from school, or even around people my age. i know i got really sick of being around only people my age when i was in college. i missed the little kids and older people, the variety of age. but now i just feel isolated. its not that i want to be in huge groups of 20 somethings again, just a few of my closest friends to hang out with, the ones i havent seen in months.

anyway, i had fun walking all over downtown philly where ej lives. my shoes were falling a part by the time we had walked a couple hours. they were pretty old to start with, but my suburban life requires very little walking- more driving than anything.

we had some great food. i will always love try different foods. we had middle eastern for lunch (lamb, olives, feta cheese, pita bread and real thick sweet coffee) and chinese for dinner (lychee duck) one day. and i got bubble tea again. man that stuff is great. i wish i had quick access to it around here. one thing im really looking forward to about going to school in dallas is ethnic food. lots of good mexican too =) another thing im looking forward to is learning about languages.

i'll have to post a couple pictures from the weekend but i need to download them.

2 Comments:

Blogger ashley said...

I saw a t-shirt hte other day that I almost got for you... actually, there were two different ones but they both had Gir on them (from Invader Zim). They reminded me of you!:-)

8:57 a. m.

 
Blogger melissa said...

did you see them at target? if so then abby already bought me one =)

9:23 a. m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home