well, i think this is my blog thing.

viernes, febrero 25

i got a letter!

a couple weeks ago i sent letters and pictures to my friends in honduras. i was gonna do it the slow/unreliable way but i found out another group was going to the same place. so i got them to deliver them for me. then yesterday i got a call from the guy who was in charge and it said he was back in the states and that he'd send me a letter he got in response to mine. it got here today, i guess it doesnt take that long for mail within the same state. i figured with all the snow (i skipped out on work yesterday) i wouldnt get it until monday. that cheered me up some, that and tara and dave being here to visit. i hadnt seen them in a couple months, not since they got engaged. and not since i got back from honduras. i developed all my pictures and got them put in an album this week. its just not the same having only digital pictures. there is something exciting and real about holding developed photos and flipping through them. so ask to see them if any of you ever see me in person!

the snow was nice but i felt guilty all day. i probably could have gone and left early. it snowed all morning but didnt get bad til the afternoon. i hate that i felt guilty, the only person suffering is me because i dont get paid. they didnt really need me to come in. oh well.

im still working on my application to wycliffe. i sent in the bulk of it before i went to honduras. that felt good to be done with it. then i had to take 2 tests, a biblical knowlegde test and a psychological evaluation. i passed at least one of them. now i wait for results and get interviews done over the phone. one of my main obstacles right now is money. i need to figure out if i can come up with enough to pay for an orientation in june (500 bucks) and for a bimester at the GIAL in dallas which starts in july... im really worried about this. will i be able to pay for everything? should i just work another year and then try again? i think i'd have to apply all over again =( i didnt think this out too well. i wish i knew if i were going the right direction, and if its just that my timing is off.
Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom
and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgements,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?
Romans 11:33-34
i wish i had me some of that wisdom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth @ The Natural Mommy said...

if this is what God wants you to do, He will provide. don't worry. has worrying ever added a day to your life? think of the birds....

10:22 a. m.

 
Blogger ashley said...

Keep your heart open to God and He'll lead you. If you're listening to Him, then you won't go down the wrong path. I know that financial worries aren't fun, but I admire you for what you're doing and I know that God has big plans for you. :-)

8:59 a. m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home