well, i think this is my blog thing.

domingo, junio 20

aloha

my latest dreams for my immediate future have a lot to do with hawaii. i was talking to emily on the phone and she asked me how hawaii was looking for my family and i. i had almost forgotten about it because it got pushed back. awhile ago my parents told me my dad (who goes on a lot of business trips that last weeks sometimes) might get to go work in hawaii for a year or so. because the gov't likes to waste money and luxuriously provide, he woudl be paid as if it were a shorter trip... as i understand it, instead of getting paid a yearly salary he gets paid for each night's hotel and food. this leaves extra and would mean my family could come out and get an apartment. its like a year of vacation. of course i would still have the problem of being further from my friends and feeling bored and useless. but at least i could bribe my friends to visit me. lets face it, wouldnt you be more likely to visit a friend living in hawaii than in pennsylvania? sure its a little more expensive but you wouldnt have to pay a hotel and what a vacation!

originally all this was supposed to happen this summer. i didtn feel too bad about this all if it happened directly after graduation, but now its being pushed back to next year, spring or summer. its almost for sure it will happen eventually but i may not be around =/ i dont really want to stick around not furthering myself and living at home for a year just to go to hawaii. but i dont want to start something and not be able to quit to go with them. it seems like a great opportunity. i had kinda dismissed the whole plan until i remembered that i could possibly work on my masters. the university of hawaii is near where we would be staying, i think. and they have masters programs for linguistics. if i could do that, at least i would keep myself occupied. and until we left, i coudl get a job here and pay off some of my massive debt ive incurred.

this is all speculation still. i have a couple months to think about it and do more research. i have no idea how much that school would cost or if i could get in, but its worth some thought. like i said, its a 'dream' so far.

to change the subject, its 56 degrees outside. this sudden change of temperature every few days is annoying. which reminds me, i just watched the day after tomorrow, which i enjoyed. it was great looking and it was interesting, if not entirely believable. oh the irony of the u.s. emigrating to mexico. as my grandfather said, the environmentalist must have been pleased with the movie. i cant get over how amazing the eyes of the mega-storms looked. i think the movie was made by the same guy that made independence day, which i enjoyed at the time. that was one of my first movies that i bought for myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maxy Max said...

Hawaii? That's awesome! I have a friend who lives there, he siad that he never wanted to leave after he came there, so he never did. Do it if you can!

3:17 a. m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home