well, i think this is my blog thing.

jueves, mayo 20

"it is finished"

took my last final a couple hours ago. i feel nothing great, surprisingly. not satisfied. i feel like im not done yet, but i am. this is it. my liberal arts education is finished.

liberal arts. lets take a few moments to consider what these words mean. as far as it has been described to me, liberal arts is a big mix of all different subjects, including the arts so that the student will be well rounded. as a pretty well rounded student, i excel at nothing. i think this is looked down upon by many here. my major (international studies) is inferior to 'real' majors, such as business, pre-med or education (i love all my el. ed. friends!). but the funny thing is i am the most 'liberal artsy' student you could have because my major is just a conglomeration of other majors: history, geography, politics, religion, economics, and so forth. while it is nice to be well rounded, i feel useless. im just another burden to society. but maybe i will do something worthwhile in this life afterall.

i once ate a whole stick of butter in a matter of minutes. what have you done?

the wait is over... see this magnificent photo of me shoving butter in my face:

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

true but i do not think you are a burden to society...you are more like a rennasience man (excuse my spelling)...a jack of all trades. This makes you better because you know a little about everything. College really just teaches you to learn and gain knowledge. The really useless person is the one who does not take that knowledge and change it into wisdom. And just remember that butter should never be eaten one stick at a time...dont you know that thats what mountian climbers do because they need the freakin' energy!!!

11:14 p. m.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home